Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ballet vs Martial Arts movies?

Am I the only one that sees that the Martials Arts movie has taken on a new life. What started in the 70's to be a cheap action genre has become an artistic realm rivaling ballet, in it's visual appeal. The four latest/greatest films being, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, House of Flying Daggers and even Kung Fu Hustle (believe it or not, it was my wife's favorite movie last year) have become prime examples of a new art form.





I've certainly seen my share of the older minimum plot/maximum action movies, but I find that the newer movies are orchestrated, choreographed and cinematographed (I don't think that is a real word but I hope you know what I mean)so well that their appeal has crossed the gender boundary

Ballet vs Martial Arts movies?
Nobody has done it right since Bruce Lee, who put his teachings into his movies and choreography.
Reply:Martial Arts movies they always make me laugh...


No comments:

Post a Comment